August 30, 2009

Summer Harvest

Our CSA box from Helsing Junction Farm has kept us on our toes keeping up with eating our vegies! Each week we get a box packed full of treats.


One of my favorite new recipes is a purple potato salad with feta, mint, and peas. I'll find the recipe and post it one of these days.


Lentil soup in the making. It was a rainy summer night. Tom Waits played on the stereo. A pretty great combination I'd say. And it turned out quite good. I'll be making it again, likely on the next rainy night.


Mija likes the vegies too. I've never met a cat who so enjoys leafy greens! She must be mine.




Purple Potato Salad

4 cups storage potatoes, coarsely diced (they of course don't have to be purple, but it's prettier that way)

1/3 cup fresh mint leaves

1-2 cups new peas

1 cup crumbled feta

¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil


Boil diced potatoes as above. Combine ingredients.

Easy, tasty, and beautiful. Thank you Barbara Kingsolver and animalvegetablemiracle.com

No comments: